Monday, February 1, 2010

Water Signs: Recipient of Blurb Radio's Book of the Week Award



I had the wonderful opportunity to create a three-minute audio commercial for Water Signs, as part of a fiction competition for an exciting Blog Talk Radio show called Blurb! Hosted by Dr. Kent and Sally, this creative, entertaining program airs select blurbs submitted by aspiring authors, alternating genres (fiction, nonfiction, etc) every week. The hosts then comment live after playing each blurb for their listening audience, before ultimately selecting a winner for "Book of the Week." On July 15, 2009 I was thrilled to appear on their show as the recipient of that week's honor!

Many thanks to Dr. Kent and Sally.

For those of you who love to read, I highly recommend listening their innovative BTR show, which airs every Wednesday evening at 9 p.m. And for authors seeking more exposure for their work, I highly recommend contacting them to submit a blurb. Even if I hadn’t won, the process of distilling the major themes of my novel into a compelling, three-minute audio description was an excellent exercise that prepared me well for future interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails