Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blessed and Grateful for the Support of Family and Friends


Some exciting happenings are in the works for both Water Signs and my new media career, thanks to the support of some incredible people. One happens to be my big brother Mark, who mentioned my book to a prominent a.m. talk show host last week during a call-in. While I am not going to disclose the name of the particular host, if he likes my novel, it could be a huge break for me. Mark noted he was very open and enthusiastic about possibly helping a little-known author hit the big time. I mailed off a copy yesterday, and will certainly follow-up on any results!

Another dear friend, Roxanna, a prominent local businesswoman and all-around awesome lady, pitched Water Signs to a friends of hers who own a publishing company. Again, I will remain mum until there's something to tell, but no matter what happens, I was thrilled to pass along a copy of my first book to this well-known company.

And yet another Facebook-turned-real-life friend emailed today with an offer of marketing assistance that I could not refuse. She's a sharp, wonderful person whose expertise is definitely needed!

Finally, to my loyal friend Don, whose brotherly friendship is a tremendous gift, thank you again for interviewing me yesterday! You can check out the profile piece here.

The events of just the past few weeks have reinforced the importance of remaining persistent and keeping the faith with a positive attitude and outlook. As Calvin Coolidge noted, "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence."

God bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails