Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Meditation: Family


From today's Daily Word:

I am with my family in thought and prayer.

The word family holds different meaning for different people. I may assume that being with family means connecting with the people who brought me into this world and raised me, those who shaped me during my formative years. But I may also consider my family to be the people with whom I share time, energy and love, either at home, at church, at work or at play.

While I would like to spend time with my family regularly, my physical presence may not be possible. Nevertheless, I can call, write or e-mail them, and I can be with them in my thoughts and prayers at all times. In truth, I am never far from those I love, the people I know as family. We are one in Spirit.

Whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith.--Galatians 6:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails